MVC4_Brochure.pdf (1.7 MB)
AC Supply Voltage
2300, 3300, 4160, 6000/7200V, 11-15kV
VAC +10% to -15%, 50/60 Hz line voltages
Up to 10,000HP @ 7.2kV (800 Amps max)
Up to 20,000HP @ 15kV (800 Amps max))
SCR Overload Ratings
500% - 60 seconds, 600% - 30 seconds
Contact factory for higher rating requirements
Soft start & protect any AC motor
Motor and starter protection is taken to a new level by combining a high-end motor protection relay with a heavy duty solid state starter. Flexible control features and selectable ramping profiles to match any application... no need to compromise performance. High level circuit isolation via fiber optics (standard on all units) for safety and power quality immunity. Sealed NEMA 12 enclosures are standard equipment, not an expensive option.
Soft start & protect any AC motor.
The MVC Plus Series starter is designed to start AC motors in any fixed speed application. It provides maximum protection with "True Thermal Modeling," while allowing smooth, stepless control of acceleration and deceleration. The MVC Plus Series guarantees power control and protection for your most important assets.
Heavy-duty attitude highest rated power devices for maximum current carrying capacity. Rated at 500% for 60 seconds, the MVC4 Series starter will never be the limiting factor in your application. Powerful sustained gate pulse insures reliable SCR firing without reactors (unlike "wimpy" pulse train designs that require a reactor to prevent SCR and motor damage) .
- Advanced motor protection relay and ramp features programmable via the keypad or a laptop computer.
- Fiber optically isolated low voltage compartment with up to 110kV BIL rating for safety and reliability.
- Built-in 120V control power transformer*; voltage and current metering.
- Load-break / fault-make rated disconnect switch with door safety interlocking.*
- Visible grounding bar for safe operation.
- Coordinated motor fuses with blown fuse indicators.
- Line isolation vacuum contactor.*
- Fully rated bypass contactor for increased thermal capacity and optional across-the-line starting.
- Heavy duty SCR stack assemblies with ring transformer isolation for reliable SCR gate firing.
- RTD Option accepts up to 12 RTD inputs.
- Zero sequence ground fault protection option.
- Top entry, bottom exit with room for stress cones.
- Removable entry plates for easy connections.
- NEMA 12 gasketed enclosure (NEMA 3R optional).
- True Thermal Modeling monitors the motor for excessive thermal conditions due to starting, running and even ambient conditions.
- Retentive Thermal Memory for continuous overload protection even after a complete power loss.
- MVC Plus remembers the last thermal condition of the motor, observes the off time via a real-time clock and adjusts the thermal model accordingly.
- Non-Volatile Memory stores the thermal memory without the need for batteries.
- True Time Thermal Tracking adjusts the thermal model for different cooling rates based on motor temperature, running state or power loss.
- Dynamic Reset Response Reset is only allowed after the motor has sufficient thermal capacity for a successful restart.
- Thermal Model Biasing adjusts for heating effects of phase current imbalance or optional RTD inputs.
- Flexible Setup Choose the level of overload protection.
- Programmable Trip Classes selectable from NEMA/UL Classes 5 - 30.
- Dual Mode Protection separate trip curves for start and run modes (example: Class 20 for start, Class 10 for run).
- Warning Levels can be programmed and assigned to one of six built-in output relays.
- Custom Trip Curve programmable based on the motor manufacturer’s data
- Remote or Automatic Overload Reset can be activated for unattended operations.